Sunday, February 5, 2012

Trimming for the IRB

      I need to trim some words - 238 of them to be exact.  This whole endeavor is ridiculous. The instructions say to "briefly summarize the overall intent of the study...include ... a statement of the objectives and the potential benefit to study subjects and/or the advancement of your field.  Generally included are literature related to the problem, hypotheses, and discussion of the problem's importance."  Oh, and you only get 500 words. (Insert frustrated face here).  Fitting internship essays into that length was a bit challenging.  Now I have to cram the description of a complex study with 5 separate hypotheses, a lit review and commentary on why my project matters into 500 words.  I am going to hate the number 500 by the time I graduate.
      I am glad it's Sunday morning; I am going to warm up the car and go  meet some friends for brunch.  Trimming will resume when I get back; I expect I will have a better attitude about it if I let myself step away for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment